Skip to content
- Offer specialized pain and symptom management.
- Provide needed medications, medical supplies and medical equipment.
- Regular nursing visits to maintain the patient’s comfort, including regular assessments and support for the family.
- Assist patients with personal care and activities of daily living.
- Instruct families and caregivers on how to properly care for the patients.
- Chaplains to provide support and help patients and families with spiritual or religious questions or concerns at the end of life.
- Social workers to provide emotional support, supportive counseling, information and referral services, assistance with advanced directives, out of home placements, etc.
- Volunteers to provide companionship, emotional support and life enhancing activities.
- Bereavement services and counseling to help families deal with grief.
- Access to Hospice Nurses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Levels of Care
- Routine Home Care – Care in the home or care facility is provided by the hospice team through regularly scheduled visits which can be once a week to daily depending on the needs of the patient and family. (Most of our patients fall into this category)
- Continuous Care – An intensive or crisis level of care can be provided to hospice patients when their symptoms cannot be managed at the routine level of care. Continuous Care is provided on a short term basis (1-5 days) to maintain the patient in their home or care facility. Nursing care is usually provided for 8-24 hours a day and some of the hours may be provided by a home health aide.
- Inpatient Care – Inpatient care is provided for pain and symptom management at a participating hospital, long term care facility or specialized hospice inpatient unit. Short term inpatient care is provided for the patient for pain control and symptom management.
- Respite Care – Respite Care is short term inpatient care provided to relieve those caring for the patient in their home. Care is normally provided in a contracted nursing home and, up to five consecutive days at a time.